Information for ATHENS incoming students to Prague (March 2018)
Arrival date: Friday, March 16, 2018
Departure date: Saturday morning, March 24
Accommodation: booked from Friday, March 16, till Saturday, March 24, 8 nights.
A Plus Hostel, Na Florenci 1413/33, Prague 1
More information on hostel web: http://www.aplus-hostel.cz/en
For all changes contact directly the hostel:
Phone: +420 222 314 272, e-mail: email@example.com
5,6,8, 10 bed rooms, price: 365 CZK (approx. 14 EUR) /person/night
breakfast is not included ! It is possible to order breakfast for 80 CZK (3 EUR) a day.
(map, how to get, etc.)
The hostel informs their guests should bring their own towels – there are not towels for your disposal in the hostel.
The hostel recommends you to pay in czech crowns for accommodation because exchange rate EUR/CZK is quite bad for you.
Starting time and place of ATHENS week:
Saturday, March 17, Orientation meeting: at 11 am, place will be specificied later.
During the orientation meeting you will have to pay in cash 900 CZK (app. 35 EUR) for the European Dimension Activities. We accept payments only in Czech crowns !
Exchange rate: 1 EUR = approx. 25,635 CZK (7.12.2017
European dimension activities:
- On Saturday, March 17, at 1:20 pm – Prague guided walk, meeting point will be specified later.
- On Sunday, March 18, at 1:15 pm, meeting point in front of the hostel – Prague Discovery Game, unusual sightseeing in a form of a special GAME for groups which ends by a dinner at a secret place – organized by CTU students.
- On Wednesday, March 21- an excursion to the National Technical Museum(Kostelní 42, Prague 7) meeting at 3:20 p.m. in front of the building of the museum (how to get there).
- On Friday, March 23- Farewell dinner, (6 p.m.), Studentský dům, Bílá 2571/6, Prague 6 – see a map Studentský dům – map
Prague web pages:
- Information about the public transportation in Prague – fares, etc.
- Prague information service
- Prague – city
- Map of Prague
Courses start on Monday 19.3.2018
More information about individual courses:
- CTU10_course description
- The PIV Method in Fluid Mechanics- detailed description
- CTU12-course description
- Management and Economics – detailed description, schedule
- CTU12-how to get there