Information for ATHENS incoming students to Prague (March 2019)
Arrival date: Friday, March 15, 2019
Departure date: Saturday morning, March 23
Accommodation: booked from Friday, March 15, till Saturday, March 23, 8 nights, two possibilities:
- A Plus Hostel, Na Florenci 1413/33, Prague 1
More information on hostel web: http://www.aplus-hostel.cz/en
For all changes contact directly the hostel:
Phone: +420 222 314 272, e-mail: email@example.com
6 bed rooms, price: 330 CZK (approx. 14 EUR) /person/night without breakfast. You can buy breakfast in the hostel.
(map, how to get, etc.)
Please read carefully the Aplushostel-Cancellation policy. In case you decide to cancel your stay it is taken under the cancellation conditions for group reservations and you will be asked to pay cancellation fee !!!
The hostel informs their guests should bring their own towels – there are not towels for your disposal in the hostel.
The hostel recommends you to pay in czech crowns for accommodation because exchange rate EUR/CZK is quite bad for you.
2) Hostel Strahov, Vaníčkova 7, Praha 6
2 bed rooms, price: 200 CZK per person per night (ISIC owners: 150 CZK per person per night), without breakfast.
21-14 days before the 15.3. – 20 % of the price
13-7 days before the 15.3. – 50 % of the price
6-1 days before the 15.3. – 100 % of the price
Starting time and place of ATHENS week:
Saturday, March 16, Orientation meeting: 1 p.m., building of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, CTU in Prague, Technická 2, 166 27 Praha 6. Room T2:C3-132, 1st floor.
During the orientation meeting you will have to pay in cash 900 CZK (app. 35 EUR) for the European Dimension Activities. We accept payments only in Czech crowns !
Exchange rate: 1 EUR = approx. 25,75 CZK (3.1.2019)
European dimension activities:
- On Saturday, March 16, at 2:20 pm – Prague guided walk, meeting point: corner of Zikova Street and Šolínova Street, campus CTU in Prague.
- On Sunday, March 17, at 1:15 pm, meeting point in front of the A plus hostel – Prague Discovery Game, unusual sightseeing in a form of a special GAME for groups which ends by a dinner at a secret place – organized by CTU students.
- On Wednesday, March 20- an excursion to the National Technical Museum(Kostelní 42, Prague 7) meeting at 3:20 p.m. in front of the building of the museum (how to get there).
- On Friday, March 22- Farewell dinner, (6 p.m.), Studentský dům, Bílá 2571/6, Prague 6 – see a map Studentský dům – map
Prague web pages:
- Information about the public transportation in Prague – fares, etc.
- Prague information service
- Prague – city
- Map of Prague
Courses start on Monday 19.3.2018
More information about individual courses:
- •CTU02 Course description
- •Application of Ionizing Radiation – detailed description
- •CTU02-how to get there