Information for ATHENS incoming students to Prague (March 2018)
Arrival date: Friday, March 16, 2018
Departure date: Saturday morning, March 24
Accommodation: booked from Friday, March 16, till Saturday, March 24, 8 nights.
A Plus Hostel, Na Florenci 1413/33, Prague 1
More information on hostel web: http://www.aplus-hostel.cz/en
For all changes contact directly the hostel:
Phone: +420 222 314 272, e-mail: email@example.com
5,6,8, 10 bed rooms, price: 350 CZK (approx. 14 EUR) /person/night including breakfast.
(map, how to get, etc.)
The hostel informs their guests should bring their own towels – there are not towels for your disposal in the hostel.
The hostel recommends you to pay in czech crowns for accommodation because exchange rate EUR/CZK is quite bad for you.
Starting time and place of ATHENS week:
Saturday, March 17, Orientation meeting: at 11 am, building of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, CTU in Prague, Technická 2, 166 27 Praha 6. Room T2-135.
During the orientation meeting you will have to pay in cash 900 CZK (app. 35 EUR) for the European Dimension Activities. We accept payments only in Czech crowns !
Exchange rate: 1 EUR = approx. 25,45 CZK (11.3.2018)
European dimension activities:
- On Saturday, March 17, at 1:20 pm – Prague guided walk, meeting point: corner of Zikova Street and Šolínova Street, campus CTU in Prague.
- On Sunday, March 18, at 1:15 pm, meeting point in front of the A plus hostel – Prague Discovery Game, unusual sightseeing in a form of a special GAME for groups which ends by a dinner at a secret place – organized by CTU students.
- On Wednesday, March 21- an excursion to the National Technical Museum(Kostelní 42, Prague 7) meeting at 3:20 p.m. in front of the building of the museum (how to get there).
- On Friday, March 23- Farewell dinner, (6 p.m.), Studentský dům, Bílá 2571/6, Prague 6 – see a map Studentský dům – map
Prague web pages:
- Information about the public transportation in Prague – fares, etc.
- Prague information service
- Prague – city
- Map of Prague
Courses start on Monday 19.3.2018
More information about individual courses:
- CTU10_course description
- The PIV Method in Fluid Mechanics- detailed description
- CTU12-course description
- Management and Economics – detailed description, schedule
- CTU12-how to get there