ATHENS, November 2018
Information for ATHENS incoming students to Prague (November 2018)
Arrival date: Friday, November 16, 2018
Departure date: Saturday morning, November 24
Accommodation: booked from Friday, November 16, till Saturday, November 24, 8 nights.
A Plus Hostel, Na Florenci 1413/33, Prague 1
More information on hostel web: http://www.aplus-hostel.cz/en
For all changes contact directly the hostel:
Phone: +420 222 314 272, e-mail: email@example.com
price: 350 CZK (approx. 14 EUR) /person/night in 6, 8 bed rooms.
(map, how to get, etc.)
The hostel informs that their guests should bring their own towels – there are not towels for your disposal in the hostel.
The hostel recommends you to pay for accommodation in Czech crowns because exchange rate EUR/CZK is quite bad for you.
Starting time and place of ATHENS week:
Saturday morning November 17 at 11 a.m.- welcome meeting at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, CTU in Prague, Technická 2, Prague 6- Dejvice,
room: to be decided.
How to get to the Dejvice campus from the hostel: Metro line B, direction Zličín; change for line A at the station Můstek, direction Motol, get off at Dejvická station. The trip takes approx. 20 min.
During the orientation meeting you will have to pay in cash 900 CZK (app. 35 EUR) for the European Dimension Activities. We accept payments only in Czech crowns !
Exchange rate: 1 EUR = approx. 25,935 CZK (CNB 26.6.2018)
European dimension activities:
- On Saturday, November 17, at 1:20 pm – Prague guided walk, meeting point – the corner of Zikova and Solinova Street. Prague 6 – Dejvice, CTU campus.
- On Sunday, November 18, at 1:15 pm, meeting point in front of the hostel – Prague Discovery Game, unusual sightseeing in a form of a special GAME for groups which ends by a dinner at a secret place – organized by CTU students.
- On Wednesday, November 21 – an excursion to the National Technical Museum (Kostelní 42, Prague 7) meeting at 3:20 p.m. in front of the building of the museum (how to get there).
- To be decided – international presentations. International Student Club invites you to meet Czech and international students. PM club and music bar, Trojická 1907/10, 128 00 Nové Město, from 21:00 – tasting, 22.00 – country presentations, afterparty (https://pmclub.net/).
- On Friday, November 237 – farewell dinner, (6 p.m.), Studentský dům, Bílá 2571/6, Prague 6 – see a map Studentský dům – map
Prague web pages:
- Information about the public transportation in Prague – fares, etc.
- Prague information service
- Prague – city
- Map of Prague
Courses start on Monday November 19, 2018
More information about individual courses:
- Detailed description
CTU14 – How to get
CTU15-how to get-new
CTU16 – how to get there
CTU18_how to get
CTU21-Athens Talent Management
- Dana Mrkvičková, +420 224 353 436,