The Czech Culture Course (CCC) is organized specifically for the international students of the Czech Technical University in Prague.
The aim of the course is to give a broad overview of the past and present situation in the Czech Republic including history, economy, political system and institutions, culture and art, social life, architecture, technological achievements.
It is an accredited course of two lecture hours per week, eleven lectures per semester. The lectures are complemented by visits and trips to cultural and architectural sites, galleries, museums, etc. At the end of the course, students present a written project.
Start of registration: February 08, 2021
Deadline for registration: April 4, 2021
Registration: at this link
Every Wednesday, 16,15 – 17,45 (in case of return to face-to-face form)
Form: lecture 2+0
The first lesson:
March 3, 2021 (?) Place and form of the first meeting will be announced soon (via e-mail).
Please note, there are no video meetings (I´m not a teacher, only an administrative support :)). At the moment, there is an alternative and rather improvised program for this course – I will contact you soon about the list of tasks that you will work on individually in your free time. 🙂
Every other lesson: …will be clarified after each session, depending on the current health situation and government regulations. You can expect some field trips and city walks (discovering Prague together or on your own), creative homework, … all depending on the situation – what will be allowed at given point.
Requirements: Written project (see below)
, Cultural Tips
Credits awarded: 2ECTS
- CTU awards credits for this course, however, it is your home university that recognizes credits. Make sure your home university will grant you these credits.
- this course is not registered in KOS system, only via our google form (it is organised by the Rectorate of CTU, not by the faculties)
- therefore, the final grade will not appear on your transcript, but you will receive an official certificate (issued by the Rectorate of CTU), awarding you with a grade and 2 ECTS.
Written project (UPDATED!!!)
= between 2 000 and 4 000 words
Categories that should be covered in your final project, in any order you choose:
- approx. 500-1000 words about your student experience at CTU, and
- approx. 1500-3000 words about the listed topics (to be specified soon via email).
Deadline to email me the project: mostly depends on when you need to go back home, however, the total deadline is May 23, 2021.
Languages: Your essay can be written in the following languages (whatever fits you the most) – Czech, Slovak, English, French, German, Greek or Russian.
Please note that a FAIL GRADE will be given if the final project is not your own work!!!
Contact person: Marie Krystýnová, Marie.Krystynova@cvut.cz