The Czech Culture Course (CCC) is organized specifically for the international students of the Czech Technical University in Prague.
The aim of the course is to give a broad overview of the past and present situation in the Czech Republic including history, economy, political system and institutions, culture and art, social life, architecture, technological achievements. The lectures are complemented by visits and trips to cultural and architectural sites, galleries, museums, etc.
It is an accredited course of two lecture hours per week, eleven lectures per semester.
At the end of the course, students present a written project.
Start of registration: September 20, 2021
Deadline for registration: September 30, 2021
Day: Tuesday, time: 16:30-18:00 Red Room, Building B, Jugoslávských partyzánů 1580/3, Prague 6
Form: lecture 2+0
The first lesson: October 5th
Registration: at this link
Start of registration: February 07, 2022
Deadline for registration: February 15, 2022
Day: every Tuesday, starting March 1st,2022 4.30 pm, Red Room, „Bubble“ Building -entrance B, Jugoslávských partyzánů 1580/3, Prague 6
Form: lecture 2+0
Requirements: Written project (see below)
Credits awarded: 2ECTS
- CTU awards credits for this course, however, it is your home university that recognizes credits. Make sure your home university will grant you these credits.
- this course is not registered in KOS system, only via our google form (it is organised by the Rectorate of CTU, not by the faculties)
- therefore, the final grade will not appear on your transcript, but you will receive an official certificate (issued by the Rectorate of CTU), awarding you with a grade and 2 ECTS.
Written project (UPDATED!!!)
= between 2 000 and 4 000 words
Categories that should be covered in your final project, in any order you choose:
- approx. one third about your student experience at CTU
- approx. one third about your stay here in Prague / Czech Republic
- approx. one third your evaulation of CCC
Deadline to email me the project: mostly depends on when you need to go back home, however, the total deadline is May 27, 2022
Languages: Your essay can be written in the following languages (whatever fits you the most) – Czech, Slovak, English, French, German, Greek, Bulgarian or Russian.
Please note that a FAIL GRADE will be given if the final project is not your own work!!!
Contact person: Lucie Berkmanová, firstname.lastname@example.org