Can I simultaneously apply for non – European Exchange and CREPUQ selection processes?



Can I file multiple applications for non – European Exchange selection processes?

YES, non – European Exchange selection processes have 3 rounds, with different deadlines. For each of these terms you can submit an application with three universities from different countries.


Can I apply for multiple rounds, and if I’m selected, do 2 semesters in 2 different foreign institutions?

YES – You can only combine universities from different rounds. Within one round, you can get a place at just one university.


Do I need a TOEFL exam or other language certificate?

It depends on which university you are applying to. Information on language requirements is provided on individual university pages.  If you are interested in the CREPUQ program, then it depends on the requirements of individual institutions.  Points will not be moved automatically from one round to the next. Write to and ask for points to be recognized. It is necessary to specify when you wrote the test and for which program.


Can I participate in the non – European Exchange internship several times?

YES, if your faculty agrees to it, if it will not cause your studies to be prolonged, and if you succeed in the selection process.


Can I use the results from a written test in English from past Erasmus or non – European Exchange program?

YES, we just need a confirmation of the exam you want to use.


What subject can I study?

The prerequisite for your application is that you have something to study at the institution you are applying for.  Look for courses that are the equivalent to CTU subjects that you have to complete and choose from a foreign institution.  Do not look for the same discipline or faculty, but choose individual courses / subjects.


What are your office hours?

Monday – Friday: 8:30 – 11:00

Monday, Wednesday: 13:00 – 15:00


If these hours do not fit your schedule, write to me at or call 224 353 466 and we will arrange a meeting.


Can I go on a study visit if I only have a diploma thesis left?

This is not a problem from our side (CTU Rectorate).  Of course your CTU supervisor and faculty must agree with your study visit. The condition of your internship is to find an external supervisor at the foreign institution who will be responsible for your work and provide guidance for you there.  Upon return, you must submit a confirmation from the external supervisor and a certificate of recognition abroad with a min. 20 credits / semester (final project, diploma seminar, …). You are responsible for finding the external supervisor yourself, in the extreme case you can also get help from the International office.


What is the likelihood that I will succeed in the selection process and the internship?

For the academic year 2018/2019, about 300 students enrolled in the selection process and about 190 of them went abroad.

When can I buy a flight ticket?

Once your foreign institution sends a letter of invitation confirming your acceptance as part of the exchange program. The probability that foreign institutions will accept you after our nomination is 99%.


In which year can I apply for a selection process?

In the first year, you can only apply once you have completed the first semester. A good time is the 3rd round.

In the following years only the selection of suitable courses and the rules of individual faculties will limit you – for example, the FA only sends students in Master’s programs.


I am studying in the last year of my bachelor’s program, and I would like to do an international internship through a master’s program at another faculty. How can I make this happen?

You will apply to the selection process through your bachelor’s faculty, but you must obtain a preliminary agreement from the master’s faculty through which your trip will take place.


Does the MÚVS apply the same conditions as other faculties?

YES. The application for the selection process is approved by Ing. Jan Vlachý, Ph.D. .

What is the popularity of individual countries as destinations?

  1. Canada
  2. Australia
  3. Singapore
  4. USA
  5. Japan
  6. Taiwan
  7. South Korea
  8. China
  9. Mexico
  10. Russia
  11. Peru
  12. Costa Rica
  13. Argentina
  14. Brazil


Where can I see the subjects offered at foreign institutions?                    

If you cannot find such a list on the websites of each institution, contact me at and I will write to the relevant coordinator.


Can I extend my study internship at the foreign institution?

The conditions for such a step are:

  1. Approval of the faculty (a new application with the signature of the faculty’s vice-dean)
  2. International office, rectorate approval
  3. The approval of the foreign institution where you are currently studying


Whom should I contact if there is a change in my study plan?

Make any such changes with the faculty. The Rector’s Office is primarily concerned with your study plan before you leave and then the transcript and the recognition form after completing your internship.


Explanatory notes to the application

Do I decide the order to list the foreign institutions in the application form?

YES, the list of students taking part in the selection process is ranked according to the total number of points and the best placed students are offered their first choice.  After filling the first places at foreign institutions, other students are offered their second choice, then third, etc.


How do I choose a semester, a full academic year, or a study internship?

International office, rectorate prefers to have as many students as possible on the study placement. Primarily, therefore, single semesters are offered, and only in the case of low interest in the institution is an academic year offered to the interested parties.  However some foreign institutions only accept students for the whole academic year.

The choice of a single semester or academic year is for you and your faculty to decide. Check out the academic calendar of foreign universities and check if the beginning / end of your selected semester is not compatible with the beginning / end of the semester at CTU.


Do I have to have Czech citizenship for a non-European internship?

NO, every CTU student can apply. However, if you have a scholarship to study at CTU, you should check if it would still be payable if you are studying abroad. Scholarships paid by Czech government agencies are normally payable only for studies in the Czech Republic

Can I enroll in a selection process as a distance-learning student?

YES. Every CTU student can apply, but you must be a full-time student at a foreign institution.

How does the Model 2 of finantial conditions for  foreign students work?

Interns outside Europe work on exchange agreements between CTU and foreign institutions. Ideally, one student should be exchanged for one student at the same time (1 or 2 semesters).  All bilateral agreements are set in such a way that students pay tuition fees at their home institutions and at the foreign institution not (meaning that CTU students studying in Czech language do not pay fees).  Some bilateral agreements are also drafted to structure the payment of room and board. This means that if the student pays for accommodation and meals at his home institution he will enjoy the same benefits abroad.  Payment of accommodation and meals is made in the form of a donation to CTU’s account. This is a separate donation agreement (it is tax deductible) and follows the receipt of the entire mobility grant.

What if I shorten or prolong the length of my stay compared to the dates I have listed in the financial agreement?

If the data at the end of your stay is different – ie. you will return sooner or later than you specified in the financial agreement – and either you will request a refund or have to return a part of the scholarship, you will proceed according to the following timeline:

Shortening / extending your stay by 1 to 10 days – you will not get or return anything

Shortening / extending your stay by 11 – 20 days – we will ask you to return / we will send you ½ a monthly scholarships

Shortening / extending your stay by 21 days or more – we will ask you to return / we will send you a full monthly scholarship


What insurance do I have to arrange for my time abroad?

Your insurance must cover medical expenses and repatriation. You can easily set up insurance for your credit card and acquire the rest of your insurance through standard (private) insurance companies.  Be aware that some foreign institutions require student to use the university’s own insurance for incoming students. In this case, be sure to also insure yourself for the period between leaving the Czech Republic and the beginning of the university insurance.


Can I retake the English language test?

The English test is not a lottery, and you will not improve your result significantly without improving your English language skills. Students who are able to explain in fluent spoken English why they should have passed the test will receive a pass mark. Students who will study in a language other than English do not need to pass the English test. Students who do not pass the English test are advised to improve their English skills and retake the test on a later occasion.

What CTU International Office English grades are considered equivalent to B2 and C1?

All students who will study in English language as Erasmus students or as Exchange students are required to provide evidence of at least B2 level English skills. The CTU International Office provides a testing service free-of-charge. This test is a written test. For a place as an Erasmus/Exchange student awarded by the rectorate, a spoken English test is also required. Each faculty has its own requirements and procedures when selecting candidates for the places that it awards.

A grade between 0 and 20 is awarded in the CTU International Office English test. A grade of 11 or more is equivalent to a pass at B2 level. A grade of 16 or more is equivalent to a pass at C1 level. A certificate will be made for a student on request, on the basis of the written test and a spoken test. Most CTU partner universities recognize the CTU International Office certificate.


Why is an English test required for outgoing Erasmus and Exchange students?

The English test is administered:

1. To ensure that outgoing students have adequate language skills to study successfully and present a good image of the university,

2. To comply with the requirements of the Erasmus programme and of our partner universities, and

3. Because the English grades form part of the basis for selecting candidates (when there are more candidates than places available).


What if I have a Cambridge, TOEFL or IELTS certificate?

If a student has been awarded a certificate on the basis of a test administered by a widely-recognized institution, her/his grades can be converted into a grade out of 20 for equivalence with the CTU International Office test. For example, a C grade for FCE is 11; a B grade for FCE is 14; an A grade for FCE is 16; a C grade for CAE is 16; a B grade for CAE is 18; and an A grade for FCE is 20. The conversion is done on a case-by-case basis, when the student presents her/his certificate. A student with a certificate from a widely-recognized institution can take the CTU International Office test to try to achieve a higher grade, with a guarantee that she/he has the option of retaining her/his equivalent grade mentioned above.

Please note that the CTU International Office test is not a lottery, and the fact that it is offered free-of-charge should not be abused. Reasonable requests can be considered, but time-wasting is not appreciated.

Vlastník stránky: RČVUT - Odbor zahraničních vztahů, Last changed: 08.11.2018